Everyone knows creatives have trouble with money, right? They’re too right-brained, too creative, too flaky or scattered to have a peaceful relationship with it.
Understanding how money works requires second-grade math. I guarantee you can do addition and subtraction with a little multiplication and division thrown in for fun.
You’re not flaky or scattered. You’re not “too creative” to understand money. You’re not “too” anything.
You are in a special group of people who, BECAUSE of your creativity, have blocks, obstacles and downright fear about how business and money mix with your art.
Since the day you picked up a crayon or sat down at the keyboard or started writing, doing your art whatever it is, people have been hammering the message into your head that creativity and money can’t mix.
To paraphrase: money corrupts creativity; lots of money corrupts creativity absolutely.
I won’t minimize the problem. Managing a business peacefully that lets you make a living with your creativity isn’t for sissies. You have to be conscious.
That’s where I come in.
I help creative people make peaceful businesses using their creativity. I help them find their tribes, be visible, get their work into the world.
I’m starting new groups in August and September to help creatives make profitable, sustainable businesses using their creativity.
The groups will meet every week for 12 weeks. They will be limited to six people.
1. Clear understanding of what you sell, whether it’s a product or service.
2. How to set prices using three different methods. You can choose what works for you.
3. How to understand your business and personal costs and the easy way to factor them into your business.
3. Understanding of the tension and paradox of selling art (however you define it) and the impact that has on what you decide to do or make. We’ll dissect the differences between “commissioned” work and work you do or make to serve your muse.
4. You’ll see what blocks you have with money and develop a working relationship with them. They aren’t the enemy. They’ve been trying to protect you the only way they know how.
You’ll end up with a list of products and services you want to sell, a list of the money the business will need you to spend to keep you and it healthy and peaceful.
Most important, you’ll have a way forward to get your creativity into the world and into the hands of the people who really want (and yes, need) your art.
Send me an email to set up a short strategy session with me to see if I can be of service.
The class costs $895.00 in a single payment, or $350.00 per month for three months. The class is 12, one-hour group sessions. Group sized limited to six people. The calls will be recorded, but to get the most benefit I strongly suggest showing up for each call when they happen.
Are you ready to get your art into the world?